On October, I'm flying to New York City with my family. When we are there, we are going to do a family 5km run on Coney Island's boardwalk to raise money as part of Team "Save Our Oceans". This is my family's team name. We are running in the NY Aquarium fun run to help raise money for the walruses and other ocean animals. It is part of the Wildlife Conservation Society and it is called Run for the Wild.
I am so excited about this run. It will be my first 5 km race. I think I might dress up. I've seen lots of photos of people in costumes and dressed as Ninja Turtles or other other cool ocean animals.
I hope to raise $125.00 and my family hopes we will raise $500.00
Every little bit helps. We can all make a difference if we believe we can!
Did you know:
1. There are only 20 baby walruses born in aquariums in the U.S.A.
2. There have only been 15 baby walrus births in the past 31 years.
3. When they are born they weigh around 120 pounds
4. The water they swim in needs to be very cold..around 44 degrees F as they are arctic animals.
5. They love snow and like to make walrus snow angels
Check out this cool click for walruses in the New York Aquarium.
"We never know the worth of water till the well is dry." ~Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732